Future Hyrule: Shadows Never Die - Under Construction

Zelda, The next frontier - Future Hyrule. In a World almost akin to our own, create your character and get exploring in the Zelda universe!

HomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

The Forum - Updates

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Farore
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 25
Job/hobbies : Messing with mortals
Humor : Yes please
Registration date : 2008-07-07

PostSubject: The Forum - Updates   Sun Dec 07, 2008 12:29 pm

I am so sorry that it has taken so long to set this thing up. Unfortunately a few months back work got hecktic and things just went down hill from there. However, I promise that 'Shadows Never Die' is NOT dead, and will still continue to run - hopefully I'll have it fully operational in the next few months once I've got the rest of the temples and monsters sorted out.

Preveiw (coming soon)

RACES

Hylian
Kokiri
Fairy
Rito
Zola/Zora
Sheikah (Limited)
Twili (limited)
Gerudo

TEMPLES

Water Temple
Fire Temple
Ice Temple
Sky Temple
Shadow Temple
Spirit Temple
(More to come)

Please stick with me guys, and try to remember that I'm trying to do this all on my own.

Thank You.

Courage.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://shadows-never-die.my-rpg.com
Reecey-Boy

Female
Number of posts : 2
Humor : Topical
Registration date : 2008-07-22

PostSubject: That's great?   Sun Dec 07, 2008 3:24 pm

... Yeah.

It's me on this forum, and that's about it.

Sorry...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Din
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 3
Job/hobbies : Agent of Creation
Humor : You mean such a thing exists
Registration date : 2008-07-11

PostSubject: Re: The Forum - Updates   Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:05 am

XD SO Yea I'm Guessing we should get this site up and running soon it looks good so far Farore.
I feel OLD! Oldest Site Member
Back to top Go down
Nayru
Admin

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Forum - Updates   Wed Mar 18, 2009 3:47 pm

w00t!

Site Updates Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Fierce_Deity
Admin

Male
Humor : Inappropriate
Registration date : 2009-03-18

PostSubject: Re: The Forum - Updates   Wed Mar 18, 2009 5:51 pm

Then let us prepare for battles.

Rules for conflict must be a top priority.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nayru
Admin

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Forum - Updates   Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:29 am

I'm going to write up some race descriptions and post them in the character thread... I'm not really sure how to go about it, if we're creating Stats and such for each race or what, so I'm only writing race summaries.
Eh?;;;

Also, I am using Wiki for these, so if any information is wrong, I apologize in advance...
sarcasm
Back to top Go down
Farore
Admin

Female

PostSubject: Races   Thu Mar 19, 2009 5:12 pm

You can do the race over views, but I will be editing them later and adding stats.

The attack power, etc will be based upon D+D I'm thinking, with alterations for each race. Either that or I'm just sticking with written stuff - havn't really decided yet. But Nayru, I'll cross reference your stuff.
Back to top Go down
Malon

Female
Number of posts : 6
Humor : Ph34r m4h e\/!l c|-|!ck3n5 0f d00/\/\
Registration date : 2009-03-23

PostSubject: Re: The Forum - Updates   Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:56 am

Malon is on board and ready for action!

XD

Last edited by Malon on Thu Mar 26, 2009 5:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Link

Male
Job/hobbies : Hero/Scholar/Sword for hire
Humor : The octorocks ate it
Registration date : 2009-03-24

PostSubject: Link, has come to town....   Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:19 pm

Yo, guys!

Whats up? Any butt I can kick?

-cocky grin- XD
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Link   Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:24 pm

-Rolling eyes-

When we need you, we'll ask for your help. But as it is, a boy who's wizard's hat has erectile dysfunction is hardly the kind of person Hyrule needs right now.

And stop provoking the moblins! Those civil rights clashes are still fairly fresh in people's memories, and I don't need racial tensions coming to a head as the diplomatic situation with Labrynna is steadily getting worse.
Back to top Go down
Malon

Female
Number of posts : 6
Humor : Ph34r m4h e\/!l c|-|!ck3n5 0f d00/\/\
Registration date : 2009-03-23

PostSubject: Re: The Forum - Updates   Thu Mar 26, 2009 5:12 pm

Upon hearing Link, Malon spins on spot and runs at him full force. "Liiiiiiiiiiink!" she cries as she tackles him to the ground. "... Hi" =D
Back to top Go down
Link

Male
Job/hobbies : Hero/Scholar/Sword for hire
Humor : The octorocks ate it
Registration date : 2009-03-24

PostSubject: hmph   Thu Mar 26, 2009 5:24 pm

Well, excuuuse me, prince-

-gets tackled-

Shocked

Er, hi Malon. -tries vainly to stand up and detach her- Could you let go?

And Zelda, leave the hat alone, ok? I'm trading it for a hoodie or a bandanna in this verse. See the things I do for you? ...God I'm whipped. When you need me princess, just call, and I'll come running. As always. And I promise I wont attack the moblins again - unless they attack me first.

And tell Sheik to meet me at the bar tonight. He skipped out on me last weekend.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Din
Admin

Male
Job/hobbies : Agent of Creation
Humor : You mean such a thing exists

PostSubject: Re: The Forum - Updates   Thu Mar 26, 2009 5:38 pm

I can see we are doomed by the looks of this sword of yours Link.

-Takes Link's sword for examination-

Link I suggest a fire rune or something along those lines.....

Better yet go see Farore she has something you can use.
Back to top Go down
Nayru
Admin

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Forum - Updates   Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:40 am

The Races are now completed. Or at least, as far as they can be for now.

Farore, would you mind taking a look when you have a moment? Thanks. Oh, and add anything if you'd like. ^^
Back to top Go down
Nayru
Admin

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Forum - Updates   Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:07 pm

I was about to start on the Classes, and then realized I wasn't sure how this is going to work.

Are our characters going to level up at some point or what? Because some of the spells/abilities I was going to put, level one's shouldn't really be allowed to know.

But if we're not going to level, then how many spells/abilities should each have? =/

How are we going to do the leveling?

The number of days you've been on the forum +/x number of posts +/x training +/x battles?

Er-... o.<

We could always just do it as there are certain abilities, and ACTIVE members get to learn new abilities after being online and posting after a certain length of time...

For instance...

A character could learn a spell/ability/skill after being on here for a month and having + 20 posts.

But, they cannot learn that spell/ability/skill until they've achieved both of said requirements.
As in, if they've been here a month, but have not written 20 posts, they cannot achieve it until they've reached 20 posts. And if they've posted over 20 times before a month is up, they cannot learn it until the month is up.

o.o Seems simple and easy to me... *shrug*
Back to top Go down
Nayru
Admin

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Forum - Updates   Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:17 pm

Oh! Farore, after reading my last post, my friend (the one who's ideas I showed you yesterday) suggested..

Jay wrote:
Hey hey, I had an idea for how to run chacter levels. Within the forum, you should have the ability to set up member rankings, and you can set conditions on those rankings, so why not create a whole set of rankings to determine character level and then set the conditions you want for members to achieve those rankings. Then leveling would be automatic and easily recognizable on a members posts and profile.

Smile
Back to top Go down
Fierce_Deity
Admin

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Forum - Updates   Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:27 pm

They should have to fight for the more dramatic abilities. Possibly through quests, missions and tournaments.

A reward scheme could also be instituted, where extra experience is rewarded to those who have shown valour, due care and attention, initiative and self sacrifice in battle. Purposefully taking a hit to protect bystanders as an example of self sacrifice, for example.

Simply going by number of posts and time on the forum doesn't relate to the purpose of levelling up in the first place, although having it as an aspect of the experience system may have its merits.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nayru
Admin

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Forum - Updates   Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:41 pm

I didn't mean that as a form of leveling up, just a form of learning new magic/abilities/skills. Mainly, it's because once this place gets popular and there are well over 100+ members, it'll be much harder to keep track of everyone's posts... But then again, we could always just gather a few more mods, and they can keep track and report back to the Admins.

I was thinking if we took Jay's idea and your idea, and slightly alter mine and mix them together?

Say...

1. We have different member rankings for levels. The requirements to go up a level are pretty much whatever we want, such as the things F_D mentioned, and while that level (or every other level or whichever) they will be able to learn new stuff.

2. Maybe we could do something along my earlier idea, just to promote activeness, then once we know they'll be active members (so say after they've reached lvl 5 or something) then we switch to said above?

o.o Juuuust a thought =)
Back to top Go down
Fierce_Deity
Admin

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Forum - Updates   Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:54 pm

That proposal sounds acceptable.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nabooru

Female
Job/hobbies : Hunting down No doer gooders
Humor : Strange and random at times
Registration date : 2009-03-28

PostSubject: Nabooru is on and working :)   Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:45 pm

Shocked First post. Hope to have fun with you all here! Twisted Evil pirat
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nabooru

Female
Job/hobbies : Hunting down No doer gooders
Humor : Strange and random at times
Registration date : 2009-03-28

PostSubject: Randomness   Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:52 pm

Just to add another post, I think this site is coming along pretty great! I like the layout and colours, too. Gonna start on new Nabooru sketches now Smile affraid smug
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nayru
Admin

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Forum - Updates   Sat Mar 28, 2009 11:32 pm

A friend of mine who would like to join (other than Jay) and I were messing around about random ideas for the site.

One of the ideas we came up with (credit to her) I think is actually an interesting idea. There are already a few types of Fairies. But what if we made an NPC Fairy called "Messenger Fairies"? It would be an account that either the Admins share, or only one Admin has.

The purpose of Messenger Fairies, is they go and give people warnings who are breaking the rules or bordering rule-breaking. They will either send PM's, or post a msg in the thread in which the rule-bending is being done.

It would be, say, similar to getting a warning before the suspension at school.

The "Messenger Fairy" would be sent from the "Gods" as a warning/heads up, basically to say "Hey, we know what you're doing, we're watching you, and if you don't stop now, you will have to face the Gods(Admins)."

Also, maybe we should get rid of Stray Fairies, or make them NPC's and either the Admins play them, or we have trustworthy Mods RPing them, since Stray Fairies are just fairies that randomly drop unique and/or rare items. We could every now and then (and I don't mean say once a day. I'm thinking more once every or every other month... or longer. Just not frequently) write post with a Stray Fairy account, and the first person to reply to the fairy account will get whichever item we decide that fairy is carrying.

I'm tired and I apologize if this is hard to follow...
Back to top Go down
Farore
Admin

Female

PostSubject: Fairies and leveling   Sun Mar 29, 2009 3:55 pm

I like the idea for the leveling - especially F_D's ideas about valor, etc. But it should work the other way around for those who have a dark alignment. And it should only be included in the leveling once the character reaches level 10. Before that level I like Nayru and Jay's ideas. Would it be possible for you to work on those, 'ru?

I'll set out the classes with spells for every level, and just how many spells you're allowed to choose upon reaching it. It was my initial idea to do so any way (I just havn't got that far yet Eh? ....).

Messenger fairies, huh? Cool idea - can I ask who this friend was so I can give her a pat on the back?

I really like it - though the account should also be available to higher mods. Just so it doesnt have to be when ever an admin is online. More eyes = Less rule breaking.

I also like the thought about the item drops - it's similar to an idea I had discussed with Din not too long ago, except it was going to be the Gods dropping the items like that. But the fairies are a better idea.

You have a go head, guys.

(And I'm sorry it took so long to reply, decorating is hard work and my room in the sacred realm isn't quite up to par yet.)
Back to top Go down
Nayru
Admin

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Forum - Updates   Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:28 pm

UPDATE: I'm almost done Malon's shop, I think. I would like some input on whether or not I have 'decent' prices for items. For the potions, I went with prices from the Games so those should be okay, I'm more concerned about the foods and such.

Also, I've written out the rules about the Potions - how many you can carry, what they do, etc - and I got to thinking about the Blue Potion and the Unique Red Potion (only in Ages and Seasons - The two games I'm most familiar with).

In the games, in order to get the Blue potions, usually you have to either acquire something for the Potions Maker or you buy one. (In MM you can buy them for 100 rupees OR give a magic mushroom to Kotake and he made and sold them for 60 rupees, in WW you collect 4 Boko Baba Seeds from killing Boko Babas and then giving them to Hollo OR you collect 15 Blue Chu Jellys from Blue ChuChus and trade them to Doc Bandam, and in TP slay a Blue Chu and scoop up its remains into an empty bottle OR buy the potion from the Goron's son in Kakariko Village, the shop in the City in the Sky, or from Malo Mart in Hyrule Castle).

For the Unique Red Potion (I changed the name from Magic Potion =/ I can change it back if you'd like) "it can be obtained through purchase from Syrup's shop, by taking it if Maple drops one, or through the contents of a Gasha Nut."

Okay that was a lot of writing to basically say, I think it would be neat if we made it so that someone can't buy these right off the bat, but has to actually do something in order to acquire them. It would help with their levelling that way as well...

If I should just sell them - okies.

If you think making them quests or whichever for those two potions is a good idea, what kind of quests should we have them do??
Back to top Go down
Farore
Admin

Female

PostSubject: woa... lots of words   Mon Mar 30, 2009 7:57 pm

Little bit of a rant there, 'Ru?

Nice idea - I do love the questing aspect of the potions in the games, and I think it'd make the RP more Zelda-ish if did keep that functions. The only problem would be how to keep track of every one questing the 'ingredients'. Unless we did a sort of medal system, where when you give one ption 'thing' (for lack of a better word just now) you recieve a medal, and build it up, in order to recieve either XP or a special item for the store - Kinda like in Phantom Hourglass, with Beedles store and the membership cards.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Forum - Updates   

Back to top Go down

The Forum - Updates
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next